Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 7, Intense and Powerful

Today we filmed some very, very intense scenes, that have me so emotionally stirred-up, because of their raw beauty, that it is difficult to sleep right now. And I need to sleep. When a story hits so close to one's own personal life, it is inevitable. Still. No matter how stirred-up I get by the process of making the art we are privileged to make, I am still hugely grateful for the opportunity to make it. Pictured: earth-mothers embracing earth-energy, Alex and his sweet daughter, Blake and Randy, Carlos and Haley, Ryan Rosenburg and me, The Glorious Cowans, and some wonderful Jeffrey-Trista-LeDawn-Nancy-Blake-Ashley energy. Alleluia for artists so gifted, and who have so honed their craft, that they can literally open up your heart to pain and grace and the power of human connection. There were very few dry eyes in the house today.

No comments: