Monday, July 16, 2018

Day One Rocked!

A few morning glitches and "first day delays" were easily overcome by this crackerjack crew, and we sailed through the afternoon, feeling very blessed and upheld. I really do have the "A Team" on this one, in every department, and certainly with the cast. Before we rolled, we heard from Kate Becker, from the Office of Film and Music, and from Chris Compte, our SAG rep, and at lunch we heard from Niall James and Lisa B. Hammond of IATSE. Before we rolled, we had a few moments of quiet gratitude. My heart was very full as we pulled off the first shot. It has been many years since Larry and I first had the idea to approach Stephanie Kallos for the rights to the astonishingly-lovely novel that I based the screenplay on. Many. Years. And many attempts to get the money, and the crew and cast, together. I rejoice in 29 more days of beauty ahead of us! And now I think I will fall over in exhaustion... ( Pics: Tallis' hands by the slate as he kindly played an extra for us today; Rachel Thomson, our Production Designer; Justin Vinall, our Key Set PA, with me; and the Bill Johns Orderly Hunk Squad :) So. Very. Grateful.

No comments: