Saturday, August 4, 2018

Day 15-Half Way Home, and a Stunt

I am living in warm memories of my sweet Mom, Sylvia Duryee...today would have been her birthday. It is likely always going to be a tidal pull on my heart, because we were so close, and because that was so hard-won. Lordy, I do miss her so. Some days on set just break me wide open emotionally, and yesterday was one of those days. We had to do a small stunt, but our stunt coordinator that day, Art Hickman, handled it well, and the actors did an extremely good and poignant job of making our hearts catch, each take. And because of the stunt, there were ten takes, in two setups, which is super rare for me. Had to get it right. This show is utterly shattering for me, because of my own backstory. Most days I am able to channel it into the flow of the work, with few emotional moments, but occasionally I need to walk away, in between setups, for a few moments, and breathe myself back from a flood of sadness. When you have actors this glorious, and such a fine team facilitating their beautiful work, I would be a stone not to be moved. And I ain't no stone. My heart is very full, throughout this filming. Sometimes it just spills over. And that is a good thing.

No comments: