Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Day 17: Gratitude: Sensitive Scenes with Tears, Goodbyes for Now

The 'Bullies', Brandon Oke and Lucas Oktay, wrapped work today in the lunchroom, and we were sad, but very grateful for all their fine, fine work. My wonderful son Theo, who is basically my reason for doing this movie, came to meet his 'doppelgänger', Lincoln Lambert, on his way to work, which was terribly nice of him so early in the morning. It was so beautiful seeing them together. Made my heart sing. And Mariana Klaven (star of "West of Redemption", our movie that is coming out very soon!) had her first, joyous day on set!! Larry and I were so happy! She is a godsend in the role of an angelic presence in our film. And the scene we called "The Battle of the Bands" in prep, between Mariana's sweet character and Erin Cummings' force of nature character, with kids Lincoln Lambert and Elliott Smith, took place in the school hallway. Then it was a wrap on Lincoln Lambert, our "Dana", and I cried. Quite a bit (Erin and Elliot we will see on set again in a few week, thank goodness). And a wrap on the school location, which has been so good to us for over a week! Not it is on to a new set of locations. Tomorrow's is full of memory for me...looking forward to it very much as we welcome Ashley back to join Mariana in this small, interesting location. Thank you for your prayers; all who are sending love. Every day seems to bring more joys and sorrows for me, as I relive raw moments of my life that are represented by both the novel and the script. It is a supreme blessing to be able to tell a story so grounded in one's own experience. It is a gift I do not take lightly. Thank you from my soul; cast, crew, backers, prayer partners, and especially Washington Filmworks. Bless you, bless you.

No comments: