Friday, August 24, 2018

Day 30

My heart is full of so many emotions. So much gratitude, and of course the inevitable..."but what will I do now when my film family goes away?" It happens every time. One answer? Sleep a lot to begin with...and work on the sore body to be less sore. Look at how beautiful these people are! We didn't of course get everyone in the shots, but we got many glorious folk. The second shot is our "Look at how many women crew we have" for the Women in Film site. Pictures by Annabel Clark (http://www.annabelclark.com) We have many woman Keys, and many women workers of every kind, many more than most films are graced with, and for that I am utterly grateful. Here is what I sent to my crew today: My beloved friends, Thank you, from my grateful soul, for taking this journey with me into the beauty and sadness of “Language Arts.” I have never worked with a finer, more heart-full, talented and dedicated, crew. You are all the best of the best, and it is an honor to know you, and to have the privilege of sharing the work, and its joys and struggles, with you. I have asked you to work very hard, and you have, uncomplainingly, and with grace. We deliberately chose you for your excellence, skill and experience, but also for your warm spirits and open hearts. Everyone on this crew was chosen in the hope that they would instinctively be supportive and respectful and nurturing toward the young actors that we would work with. We picked fine artisans, but we also picked kind and honorable folk. You are people that I hope to know for the rest of my life. Thanks for gently making space for me, when I got emotional in the telling of this tale that is so very close to my own story. Thanks for rejoicing with me when we nailed it (like every day!) and I felt like celebrating. Thanks for quietly going about your work with excellence and dedication and perseverance, even when the working conditions were challenging, especially in all the smoke of the last week. Thanks for believing with Larry and me that this project was worth spending most of your summer doing. And thanks for staying and giving it your all, despite what it may have possibly cost your personal life. Thanks for forgiving the less-than ideal aspects of the show, and granting your warm energy toward the making of the ideal ones. Thanks. A thousand times, thanks. You, and your hard work and generosity, made my dream come true. I love you all. Blessings upon your every cell, Corrie

No comments: