Wednesday, August 20, 2008

. . . and of course we went to the theater!



Even though we got in at 4pm London time and I never remember being so exhausted in my life, of course we ate a fast dinner and had a whole 20 minutes of nap before going out to the theater. We saw an astonishing play! "Brief Encounter", a theatrical adaptation of a Noel Coward film from the late 30s - amazing multi-media event, a musical/romance/drama/film - the actors went in and out of the movie through the screen that was divided in sections, and it was perfect in its execution of my artistic credo: "reverent irreverence".

All three of us loved it, and though I was so tired I could scarcely see, and though the seats had headrests and I could have nodded off, I never did, because I was so fascinated. I. love. this. play.

It has my head whirling round and round about a new take on the screenplay I am currently working on, which is set in the 1940s . . . they made phrases that are very dated in the script totally come alive. Good thing that I *blush* brought my computer . . . Yes I swore I wouldn't, but at the last minute I could not help myself. Because of course I have to work on the script, right? And it will mean I need fewer memory cards.

We are all absolutely happy in every way but sleep. And we are about to go do that, at last. in this utterly plush "Melia White Hotel" for our first night. Thoughtful darling Terry knew we would be exhausted and planned accordingly.

God bless us every one! And God bless Theo and the grandparents, may they also be having their own brand of wonderful time. He loves them so much, and chose being with them over coming here, hands down. Our boys are very lucky to have such nurturing "grands".

Goodnight from London!

No comments: