Saturday, August 30, 2008

Saturday Aug. 30 in Ireland







Megan and I arrived in Doolin in utter joy and checked in to the Cullinan's Restaurant and Guesthouse where we were immediately greeted by a calico cat and a donkey :) Megan then drove us all the brief way over the Burren to the Cliffs of Moher . . . ohhhhhhh . . . they literally take the breath away. We climbed all over Hag's Head. Megan had to hold my hand at one point as I had a serious attack of vertigo. While she clambered a bit farther I say on a muddy hillock and got misty. It was so stunningly beautiful, with the crashing waves and the seabirds below us . . . utter joy!

We reluctantly came back to the Inn for our stupendous dinner. We are putting Megan to bed early to try to help her jet lag. And I am obviously computing heh heh :)

Really looking forward to botanizing in the Burren tomorrow.
Oh -Megan says I have to say that today I remarked, after buying songbooks, and passing by the Hobbiton-like Celtic Jewelry Store that had closed: "I'd rather have ballads than jewels."

1 comment: