Friday, August 29, 2008

Made it to Ireland


It is midnight at the Park Shannon Hotel.

Left St. David's a little before 8am in the mist, arrived here also in mist. I am absolutely wrecked and won't write much-just to say that while Terry rested his sore hip after our dinner at the Farmers Arms last night, Tallis and I walked the dark mile down to Porth Clais in perfectly gorgeous, mysterious, muffling mist. We had an excellent talk. It was one of the best things that happened on the Moore Trip. I will always remember it, and I charged him to as well. Sitting over the river on the stone wall was ...well ...sacred.

It was very hard to say goodbye to them today. We were quietly affectionate on the train, playing our last game of Ipod Scrabble . . . I miss them so very much.

But here I am about to start a new adventure... After as much sleep as I can get! Good night...

No comments: