Saturday, August 16, 2008

Okay, so, the chemo thing . . .


I guess a couple of my nearest and dearest did not know about my recurrent basal cell carcinoma. It is patently NOT melanoma, but as they had to cut it off my forehead twice, they had to chemo me for the month of July. Good times.

So . . . never again, right? That is the plan:)

Anyway . . . thinking about Wales and Ireland and England (and I wish we had time for Scotland too!) and the RSC and Stratford and London . . . helps a lot! We haven't been there since we saw Lynn's play in London when Tallis was 5, and before that my Edinburgh/Iona trip with "The Gospel of Luke" tour, and before that of course my year in Carmarthen, Wales, at Trinity College, reading Celtic Literature!

So this is very exciting. You always think you are going to travel a lot when you are No Longer a Kid, but sometimes . . . you just don't. When you have a Theo sort of sitch, and things like MCS, etc.

Ever hopeful that I Bear Up under all the inevitable toxics.

This is a photo Scott took of me saying goodbye to I.P., at Gagg's Beach, early last Spring. I love it for its poignancy, and also for its Facing the Ocean - ness. Looking forward even in goodbye!

Looking forward to much Celtic Ocean Breeze cleansing away all the hot summer gunk.

No comments: