Monday, January 25, 2010

Working Very Hard on Projects

As a producer on several shows right now I am feeling overstressed, underpaid, and like I need to clone myself (and my colleagues feel the same way). I can never get enough sleep; even if I sleep 9 hours I wake up tired. It is hard to fit in the gym this month. I used to do it on the way home, but now I arrive home from work to tag Terry as he heads off to direct "The Cherry Orchard". Tallis was in three shows at once (plus high school) for these last few weeks, "Grease", "Wolfsbane", and "Cherry Orchard". "Wolfsbane" wrapped yesterday, now he is only in two, which should be better.

I have every school evening with Theo, and Terry has afternoons, so Theo's doing just fine. He may be the only one getting enough hugs at the moment:) I have not seen a horse in months. And weekends are interesting.

But somehow, miraculously, it is all getting done. Somehow, in between the lack of money and the craziness of every work day, Grace is prevailing.

Mom was baptized yesterday, at 84, for the first time, and joined the Church. (!!!) My faraway brother Sky came to town, whom we hadn't seen since August, and he was wonderfully present last weekend. The few times we actually see Tallis he is in fine spirits, which is amazing. And Terry and I are having to be very intentional about getting private couple time right now, which is not a bad thing alltogether.

Taproot Theater is triumphantly reopening this next week, after only a couple of months dark due to their fire, and we are very thankful for that Herculean triumph. Miracles.

Somehow, in the midst of all this crazy crazy stress, I still have faith that "Camilla Dickinson" will be fully funded and go forward this year. I don't know where I get that faith, because in this financial climate it is ridiculous. But I thank God for it.

Madeleine always quoted this Lewis Carroll quote to me when the chips were down:

"There is no use trying", said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things." "I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Way to find the silver lining Cordy. And how cool on your mother's baptism! I guess we can give her credit for really thinking it through!

Cindy said...

OH, no! I just called you by my dog's name. Corrie! I meant Corrie! LOL.

Corrie said...

*grin* no worries I just appreciate the comment. :)