Monday, August 29, 2011

Last Week of Post ... I Think... Maybe...



In the sound mix today at Bad Animals. A very intense last week with Larry and me needing to be in three studios at the same time. I was completely and joyfully satisfied with the music in every way, I just love it. I loved watching B.C. record the music with members of the Seattle Symphony, and then mixing it. Very very happy with all things involving music. There are other things that are completely upsetting and worrisome, that I can't talk about. But let us just say that I swallow hard many times a day to avoid letting my emotions show. Larry is kind of holding me together now and then.

He keeps saying "this is the FESTIVAL submission." Implying that there will be another chance. Well, but will there be any more money for another chance past Friday?

Yet undetermined. I am sweating bullets and not sleeping much. Eating too much like I do in stressful times. Tender at home and susceptible to any...irritations, let us say.

Saturday morning I bopped over to PAX to watch the "JourneyQuest" screening and then zipped back to the studio, courtesy of Larry-the-occasional-taxi-driver.

Color correcting, doing ADR, mixing sound, and praying constantly not to blow it on what may be my last chance at this after so many years. Looking up at the actors on the screens in the studios with grateful love. Thanking God to have Larry here beside me, who is doing his level best to calm me the HECK down several times a day. And to have so many artists doing such fine work at Modern Digital, Bad Animals, and Studio X.

Quote from the New Zealand Prayer Book: "Lord, it is night after a long day. What has been done has been done. What has not been done has not been done. Let it be."

Wise words. So hard to live into. Doing my best.

Dear God, thank you for this opportunity. Please help me not to blow it. Thank you for sending your angels to save us from bad mistakes.

No comments: