Friday, August 5, 2011

Prayers for Completion



It's been many moons . . .

I am utterly buried in the endgame of "Camilla Dickinson: post-production, while also finishing up the "Dark Horse" deliverables, and, as of this writing, Ben and the ZOE/DG team are in Indianapolis selling lots of "JourneyQuest" DvDs at Gen Con:)

Lots going on!

I do believe that my great new editor Nathan Singleton and I finally finished the Making Of the Dark Horse featurettes today, which gives everyone a huge sigh of relief, as the distributor has been waiting for them. Larry and I just got back from L.A. where we did the ADR for Camilla's voiceovers (Adelaide Clemens knocked them out of the park) and met with B.C. Smith, our composer, for a spotting session (he is a genius!!), as well as having lunch with Sean Gaffney on the WB lot, always a great pleasure. Larry and I did a great many miles of sunny freeway driving, but playing the Talking Heads on the Ipod helped us to boogie.

Larry and I are going back down next week for the multi-cast-member looping session for several days of work.

I am also proofing the special effects shots that Modern Digital and North By Northwest are doing, and so far they look amazing thank God! And yesterday we were in the studio at Bad Animals mixing in the narration - Larry said he liked it very much. PHEW!

In addition there are many parties right now, as it is birthday season for our family and heartfriends: Mom and Aunt Jocey the 4th, Elizabeth the 6th, Theo's Happy Adoption Day the 7th, Sky the 9th, Terry the 11th, and me the 18th. Phew! Terry and Scott and Pam and I just got done with a remarkable Kindlingsfest with Dick Staub, Michael Card, Jerry Root, Jeff Keus, Karin Stephens, Eric Metaxis, and of course the usual other suspects Nigel Goodwin, Jeff Johnson, and a host of happy veterans.

I am on tenterhooks to hear from the Toronto International Film Festival - they were supposed to tell us today . . . that is why we are nearly killing ourselves trying to finish on time to be able to screen there in September. If they don't take us we wait and submit a completed movie in September to Sundance with many prayers.

I have not written because I have been buried at various studios in various towns, but I wanted to request your prayers and good thoughts please, as we are in the final push now, and it is very stressful and tense. If the timing is not exactly right in the interlacing of the work of the various studios we are kind of sunk. I am having the usual tiredness and etc., so .. yeah.

Larry Estes is a rock, a joy, and a constant and uplifting blessing to me. I could not ask for a better business partner. Please pray for his sanity because he has to work with me *grin*, also that he can figure out how to interweave his various lives - his "day job" as a college professor ostensibly begins soon . . .

It is a joy to see our dreams coming true. And it is costly as everything is. And there are challenges and things thrown up in the road before us. But I have faith, especially when Larry tells me to. Praying to make the movie that God wants, and that Madeleine would have wanted, as I have prayed for years. Praying to be worthy of the task.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rising like incense, dear one.
Blessings, Laurel

ADP said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO YOU & YOURS !!!
plus our GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!