Friday, March 12, 2010

Soldiering On


Through many vicissitudes (more have of course cropped up, and one is also tragic) we soldier on. When we wrap on March 28 I am planning to sleep for about a week, and then go hug a horse, which I have not been able to for many months of intense pre-pro.

As of now, Matt and I are producing this, just us, until I can find another producer. So far no luck. Larry tells me I have the skill set for it, and don't need another one. But my heart often quails. Then I turn to prayer, and am all right.

Matt and I discovered yesterday that we have JUST enough money left to get this done with his cleverly reduced schedule. For which I praise the Lord. And Elizabeth's and Kat's tidy and brilliant accounting!

On we go. I am shut down emotionally, am just putting one foot in front of the other. Haven't cried since The Awful Day; which is unusual for me. Am eating well, am sleeping till I wake up. Am praying for health for all involved.

Back to the office. I saw a homeless guy standing in the rain on the way home last night with a sign saying "Need money for my Lear Jet". I gave him a dollar.

There is much to be thankful for. All I am is tired; I am not standing in the rain; I go home to a warm house and three awesome guys. And I go to work with fabulous artists. I am blessed among women.

No comments: