Thursday, April 8, 2010

Whatever Gets You Through the Night, It's Allright . . .

So here we are still at Swedish. Mom is getting a little bit worse all the time because they were unable to do the Thorocentesis (aspirating out the fluid in her chest cavity that has collapsed her right lung) today, because contrary to Doctor Petersen's wise orders NOT to give Mom Coumadin last night, some dork did, since it was on her list of daily meds. She is furious about that because she can hardly breathe at all. And she is scared every time she coughs, I can see it. The coughs are dry now and unproductive.

If they can get her blood Coumadin level down lower than 1.5 tomorrow they can do the procedure. It is at 1.9 now.

So I am trying to spend the night here, because I want to be here if things get worse. That is dependent on whether or not a cot can be found, as they are in limited supply.

I am flared up with fibro, of course, and coping. I have my work face on, I am not showing any unhelpful emotions in Mom's room, just I was on JourneyQuest. Had a dinner break a little while ago and called Terry and Tallis for a little cry, now I have my armor back on. We have had wonderful visitors and phone calls (and an online meeting!) today, including Peter, Mom's fave minister, who prayed with us. Mom gets overwhelmed when it is more than one person visiting, though. Too much energy.

I am trying to just be in the moment and trust that it will turn out allright. And clinging to "All Shall Be Well" a lot.

I feel like I was just beginning to process the whole JourneyQuest roller coaster when this began; like I went from one intensity to the next. I would love a pause or a wee rest. Which is why I will go online again some tonight, to forget my troubles in playing my MMO. Tried reading but the light is too dim. And by the way, this is SO not about my very slight discomfort . . .

God bless all who are in pain and scared, as I know many are this night.

And thanks for reading this dear ones; I realize the blog posts are coming fast and furious these days. I tend both to over-eat and to over-write when I get stressed :)

I remain in faith, and in gratitude for the angels in our lives, human and otherwise.

No comments: