Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Screening Tonight (Wed. Nov. 5th) 7pm, San Francisco

If you happen to know anyone in San Francisco, please tell them to come to 1970 Ocean Avenue for the WYSIWYG Festival and see "The Dark Horse". Thanks!

I flew in last night, driving to the hotel amidst rampant street glee all over San Francisco. Three black guys ran at my car, screaming "OBAMA!" which would have been a hair disconcerting, if they weren't giggling so hard.

Talked to Terry on the phone, and we both keep spontaneously tearing up, have ever since I head the speech over my cell phone as Terry held our home phone to the home T.V., as I drove to the hotel last night. It is just so unbelievable! The Doonsbury cartoon this morning says it all, I don't have it here before me, but Terry read it to me as I waited in line to sign in at the festival this morning, while a happy woman danced by us singing "I have a black President!". In the cartoon, three soldiers are in a foxhole in Iraq, and the black one is celebrating, and the white one says "Hey, he is half white too you know!" Everyone is claiming him today :) As the mother of a mixed-race child, I am getting teary all over again. Sniff.

So we screen tonight, and I meet with several distributors tomorrow at 11 am PST, if you have a spare prayer! I have no idea who will show up tonight, but at least my getting up at 6:30 this morning bore fruit - I was 5th in line and will screen in my chosen time slot! YAY!

Anyway, I am deeply thankful to be here, though I wish I could be with Terry today. It has been a very long wait to experience this kind of stunned joy.