Monday, October 25, 2010

Day Four of Casting

Sitting in the hotel in New York about to go to bed after my fourth day of casting, in my third state this week. And I am praying HARD that the cast we have chosen accepts the offers that will be going out in the next few days, with every cell of me. I just cannot describe the astonishment with which I saw brilliant actor after brilliant actor of all ages come into the room (several of them met me on Skype too!) . . . just flabbergasting how many extremely trained and talented folks are interested in our little film. I can't describe it. It is unprecedented in my experience.

Larry was with me in L.A. and Charlotte was with me in NYC, and oh how wonderful it was to be able to bounce opinions off of them.

Today we saw film and Broadway royalty, last week we saw film and TV royalty, and my heart is full of inexpressible joy. May every actor who blessed us with his or her talent be richly blessed. I love every one of them. Their graceful and generous gifts to me will always be remembered.

Also my weekend visit in Williamstown was strange but wonderful as I sat around backstage at Tallis' "Trojan Women" 10-out-of-12 techs. He managed to fit in a few wonderful meals too. All in all a wonderful reconnection with my adult boy punctuated by gorgeous drives through the Berkshires.

This morning I had an amazing dream about Madeleine, in a room liked with books, a wonderful dream indeed and I hope a good omen.

Tomorrow I get up at 5 am and go to LGA to fly to Spokane and put in half a day with my team there.

Good night and may God bless all actors!

No comments: