Monday, October 11, 2010

Difficulties (of Course!)

Things are going well here in Spokane; I just had a great conference call with current department heads for an hour, so my third week of living here (fourth of work) is starting off well professionally.

However, the attacks in the physical realm are many. My Mom is fighting an Undefined Thing that results in newish symptoms and a two-week delay on the chemo (agh), my son Tallis just called from Beth Israel Hospital in New York City where he is currently on a gurney with "the worst pain of his life" from his Ankylosing Spondylitis, my brother is of course still completely AWOL, and I have a nasty cold, (the least of these things by far of course!).

The weekend was mixed; it was great to spend the day Saturday with Mom and to go see a movie and have dinner at our house covered with cats - I also interviewed her about her baldness for "Hairstory". Theo was ... mad at me ... not that that is normally infrequent, but it broke my heart to leave him and to leave Terry as I won't be home at all now for three weeks.

I am feeling vulnerable and cut off from home. I know I am supposed to be doing this, but I want to be at several bedsides right now - thank God Hilary is with Tallis in the NYC hospital. But Mama wants to be at that bedside . . .

If you have some prayers for physical bolstering of the family that would really be appreciated.

No comments: