Monday, October 18, 2010

Update - Tal is Sprung!

The story:


Terry sprung Tallis from Beth Israel and drove him to Williamstown, where he is beginning to hobble about the campus on either a cane or a walker, depending upon his pain level. He is on both oral morphine and one other narcotic (did Terry say Percoset??) - great for studying Biology and Greek and for remembering lines . . . not. This morning Terry magically procured a cancellation at the Williamstown rheumatologist, where Tallis got a Humera (sp?) shot to try to calm down all the inflammation. As far as I know he is still going to hobble through "The Trojan Women" which opens in a week or so with or without him. Terry will be flying home tonight or tomorrow, and after my L.A. casting sessions this week I fly to Williamstown next weekend (was already scheduled to) to go to Tallis' "First-Year Parent Weekend" and attend his classes and watch him do technical rehearsals for the show. IF he still is in it. Then I do some NYC casting on Monday and fly back to Spokane, where my team will be in high gear, as we will be three weeks out at that point.

Theo is safe and well at the Nolte's House, and many folks have helped hims have a good few days, including Ginger and Rosh and Mom and her ladies. We really cannot believe how folks have stepped in to bless all four of us. God bless our friends!!!!!

I am nervous this morning as I prepare to meet some very prominent actors who are doing me the honor of reading for my movie. Some of them are actually heroes of mine. I am in a state of utter thankfulness and flabbergast at the chance to see this beautiful story of Madeleine's realized at last. But sooo much depends upon me casting it well.

If you feel so led, please pray for the actors, that they will do well, and for me, that I will have divinely-inspired discernment. I am humbled and nervous when faced with this task. But I am comforted by the fact that Madeleine always used to say that NOBODY in the Bible except Jesus was ready for the task they were asked to do. Mary was a child. Moses had a stutter. Gideon was hiding in the grain bin shaking when the angel called him a "mighty man of valor". I am clinging to her wisdom right now.

May angels attend this week of auditions and hallow the process!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I just wanted to let you know that we found your blog while looking for an update about the casting for Camilla Dickinson and we were touched and overwhelmed by everything you have going on. You have so much on your plate but clearly your strong faith and your wonderful family will see you through it all. You are an inspiration and I'm sure your Mom must be so proud! All the best to you and your family, we will keep your Mom and your Son in our prayers. Love and Blessings, Linda