Saturday, September 21, 2013

So Day 18 was wonderful...we basically drove all around the wheat fields with Billy in a truck all morning, "crashed" a truck, then did interstitial Billy shots outdoors on the farm, then inside, sorting boxes. It wasn't Hamlet. But it was very good. And the sunset was stunning, and Billy walked through it toward camera as it magically set behind the hill. LArry and I watched it fade from the porch as they lit the interior of the house. And the stars were so beautiful that they made me cry, and I had to call my wonderful 88 year old Mom to talk about how beautiful the Big and Little Dippers were, and how lovely Draco was between them, just like the star decals were that she put over my bed at home to make me comforted at night. I told her how the farm smells reminded me of all good times with her and with horses, and the huge bowl of sky, and the singing coyotes, just led me to celebration. She told me I should go up Mount Spokane and get her pine branches:) Ever the Adventurer :) Then, after calling Terry too, I went back into the 1880s farmhouse to shoot the penultimate scene of the penultimate day of the film. Tomorrow we wrap. I can't believe it. I drove home in a tired and happy daze of disbelief that it is nearly over. I work for years to get to do this, and live so intensely during a shoot, that sometimes real life is hard to adjust to after. But for now, I am making a wonderful, moving movie, and savoring every second of it. Tomorrow we film a gun going off. God bless us, every one.

No comments: